From as long as I can remember, all the way up to 18 years old, my Godfather used to send me an advent calendar every single year without fail. It was the one thing that signalled to me that Christmas was coming and today, as we count down the days until the 25th, the excitement continues to grow, with an increased variety of calendars around at all different price points.
Adult Foodie Advent Calendars
- Bluebird – This Christmas tea advent calendar was a complete sell out last year and will surely be just as popular this season. Featuring 24 award winning delicious teas behind the windows, with the usual favourites and some brand new festive blends too.
- Hotel du Chocolat – With their renowned luxurious milk chocolate Christmassy sculptures hidden behind each window, you will not want to share. Not even one of them!
- Godiva – For a different flavour every day, choose Godiva’s exquisite calendar of delicious chocolates and get into the Christmas spirit.
- Carluccio – One of my favourites, this advent calendar features one little miniature Carluccio best sellers a day. From Christmas panettone to amaretti biscuits, fig jam to truffle butter, the more we mention the more we LOVE LOVE LOVE.
- The Naked Marshmallow Co. – Festivey gourmet marshmallows with amazing flavours such as gingerbread, candy cane and mint choc chip – need we say more?
- Fortnum & Mason – Gin lovers will adore this Ginvent calendar. Be merry this Christmas!
Adult Beauty Advent Calendars
- Diptyque – This exclusive advent calendar comes with a hefty price tag but oozes luxury. With delightful offerings of beloved miniatures, every day will feel like Christmas.
- L’Occitane – Set in a rather stunning box, designed by French illustrator Kanako, sits the brand’s 24 best selling beautifying products. Now remember: one treat per day only, don’t be tempted to rush ahead!
- Clarins – A certain favourite amongst beauty lovers, the Clarins women’s (and men’s) calendars are renowned for their products but also look at that gorgeous box!
- Harrods – This years Harrods advent calendar book had to be included for its charming design. It doesn’t come with any beauty products but the wooden drawers are perfect for filling with your favourite miniatures. And you can reuse it next year!
- Molton Brown – Indulge in this beauty calendar this year for a spoiling run up to Christmas. Full of luxurious treats and even two eau de toilettes.
- Liz Earle – The Queen of skincare, Liz Earle’s advent calendar follows the 12 days of Christmas and is the most amazing gift. Ready your skin for the festive season with her miracle natural products and enjoy a fresh visage all season long.
And my ULTIMATE adult advent calendar, because I’m a Virgo you know…
The Kikki K Stationary Lover Advent Calendar is perfect in every way. With 24 treats including a candle, notebook and stunning pen, this is on my wish list this year!
Kids Chocolate Advent Calendars
- Kinder – Kinder’s newest advent calendar features mini’s with and without cereals which will surely get your little angel’s taste buds going. Yum!
- Moo Free – For the healthier option, Moo Free’s chocolates are dairy, gluten and soya free so perfect for those following a vegan diet. And they are delicious and organic too!
- Thorntons – The Snowman and The Snowdog is a magical chocolate calendar, with yummy milk chocolates and even the opportunity to personalise a chocolate plaque with your child’s name.
- Lindt – For spoiling high end chocolates, Lindt’s Teddy Bear Advent House is the ultimate calendar. Even the gold wrapping is enough to have your little one salivating.
- Cadbury’s Dairy Milk – An affordable, British choccie calendar that never disappoints. You’ll never disappoint your kid with this one.
- Maltesers – Milk chocolate festive moulded shapes on offer with Merryteaser, with a delightful light honeycomb centre. Just heavenly.
Kids Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars
- Early Learning Centre – With 24 Happyland surprises, embrace pretend play with these delightful festive figurines.
- Lego – The Lego City advent calendar, along with the Friends one, is the most reasonable of the bunch, and gives your little one the ability to build, play and enjoy their daily surprise.
- Play-Doh – This Play-Doh advent calendar is a really lovely choice for a young child who is starting to explore using motor skills. With Christmas themed cutters and five pots of playdoh, your angel will be happy as ever.
- Smiggle – If you haven’t heard of Aussie brand Smiggle yet, then you are in for a treat. Spoil your child with a calendar from the hottest stationary brand. We guarantee they will LOVE it.
- Posh Totty Designs – This jewellery box advent calendar is every little girl’s dream. Featuring the popular Christmas Nutcracker theme, each door opens up the ability to create your own charm bracelet.
- VTech – For a young toddler, this smart wheels advent calendar is the perfect option. With light up buttons and musical functions, your babe is sure to be smiling ear to ear.
The ULTIMATE kids advent calendar?
This year I will be choosing Lego, and this 24 sleeps til Christmas tear out activity book. Fun packed activities to keep your little one entertained each day, and it can even be personalised. xx